Well, time is quickly running out! There was so much to do this week and thank goodness, we can see the end of the tunnel.
Claire and I spent four hours in the Digital Library Lab on Tuesday and again today. Tuesday we concatenated all of our data (with Angie’s help, of course) and uploaded it to the website. Today we worked on tweaking a variety of things. Again, Angie was on hand to help although we are getting much better at figuring things out ourselves!
As of today, four of us are entering URLs to the map sections (time consuming but not hard) and the other three team members are checking for errors on the map and fixing them if need be.
I spent about an hour on Wednesday taking pictures of the cemetery to use on the website along with the pictures I had taken during visits to the battlefields. With Dr. McClurken’s and Angie’s help, I was able to upload them to our website thus creating much needed URLs for each image! Suffice it to say, I am very proud of what I have learned in this class!
I also finished the publicity flyer using The UPS Store online. It was very easy. I created a rack brochure using some of the photos I took. I think it looks great!
From this point on, it is a matter of everyone completing their tasks by midnight Saturday so that we can all look over the website and make edits.
Time may be ticking away but the website is coming together!